Microsoft has released Edge 105 to everyone running the stable version of the browser. The release is mostly maintenance with security enhancements and improvements made to IE mode and its Cloud Site List Management experience.
To get Edge 105, head over this link to open its official website. There you will find the setup program. Existing Edge users can click the menu button (Alt + F), and select Help > About Microsoft Edge. Opening the about page will trigger the update process.
The release doesn't bring much for consumers. Microsoft has improved its security on Windows by making appropriate changes to WebAssembly. The company promises to make them "cross-platform" in the future. Here's the full list of changes.
What's new in Microsoft Edge 105
- Enhanced security mode improvements. Enhanced security mode now supports WebAssembly for x64 Windows. Additional cross-platform support is expected in the future. For more information, see Browse more safely with Microsoft Edge.
- Improvement to the Cloud Site List Management experience for IE mode.
- You can restore to one of the last 3 published versions of your site list in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- You can identify gaps in your enterprise site list by configuring reporting of site feedback with the InternetExplorerIntegrationCloudUserSitesReporting and InternetExplorerIntegrationCloudNeutralSitesReporting policies. You can view local site list URLs from users and potentially misconfigured neutral site URLs in the Microsoft Edge site lists experience in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- You can configure session cookie sharing between Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer for IE mode on your site list in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- Improvements to the Cloud Site List Management experience for IE mode now available in GCC. GCC customers can now utilize the full Microsoft Edge site list experience in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- ExemptFileTypeDownloadWarnings - Disable download file type extension-based warnings for specified file types on domains
- InternetExplorerIntegrationAlwaysWaitForUnload - Wait for Internet Explorer mode tabs to completely unload before ending the browser session
- MicrosoftEditorProofingEnabled - Spell checking provided by Microsoft Editor
- MicrosoftEditorSynonymsEnabled - Synonyms are provided when using Microsoft Editor spell checker
- PrintPdfAsImageDefault - Print PDF as Image Default
ExemptDomainFileTypePairsFromFileTypeDownloadWarnings - Disable download file type extension-based warnings for specified file types on domains
The official announcement is here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!