Microsoft has released Edge 104.0.1293.63 to the stable channel of the app. It adds several new icons to the sidebar so more apps will be accessible with one click. Also, there are a few new policies and fixed vulnerabilities.
These are the key changes in the new version of Microsoft Edge.
What's new in Microsoft Edge 104 stable
- Microsoft Edge sidebar. The Microsoft Edge sidebar lets users access Microsoft Edge features side-by-side with their browsing window. Available features include:
- Bing search,
- Tools such as a unit converter and Internet speed test.
- Administrators can control the availability of the Microsoft Edge sidebar by using the
HubsSidebarEnabledpolicy. Note: This is a controlled feature rollout.
- Search in the Microsoft Edge sidebar. Easily access an updated sidebar search via Microsoft Edge sidebar, including easy access to Microsoft Search in Bing for organizations. Note: This is a controlled feature rollout.
- Gaming for the Microsoft Edge sidebar. Play popular casual games for free. Administrators can control the availability of the Games menu in the Microsoft Edge sidebar by using the
AllowGamesMenupolicy. Note: This is a controlled feature rollout.
- Discover in the Microsoft Edge sidebar. Discover content relevant to the page you’re browsing including summaries, source information, and more. Note: This is a controlled feature rollout.
- Get your favorite tools in the Microsoft Edge sidebar. Easily access commonly used tools while you browse the web, including Calculator, Internet speed test, and Unit converter. Note: This is a controlled feature rollout.
- Outlook in the Microsoft Edge sidebar. Quickly and easily access Outlook Mail and Calendar. Administrators can control the Outlook menu in the Microsoft Edge sidebar by using the
OutlookHubMenuEnabledpolicy. Note: This is a controlled feature rollout.
- Office in the Microsoft Edge sidebar. Quickly and easily access Microsoft Office documents and apps. Administrators can control the Microsoft Office menu in the Microsoft Edge sidebar by using the
MicrosoftOfficeMenuEnabledpolicy. Note: This is a controlled feature rollout.
So, all the new features are under controlled roll-out. This means that even after upgrading to the latest Edge version you may not see some or all of them.
AllowedDomainsForApps- Define domains allowed to access Google Workspace
AskBeforeCloseEnabled- Get user confirmation before closing a browser window with multiple tabs
BrowserCodeIntegritySetting- Configure browser process code integrity guard setting
DoubleClickCloseTabEnabled- Double Click feature in Microsoft Edge enabled (only available in China)
ImportOnEachLaunch- Allow import of data from other browsers on each Microsoft Edge launch
QuickSearchShowMiniMenu- Enables Microsoft Edge mini menu
PasswordManagerRestrictLengthEnabled- Restrict the length of passwords that can be saved in the Password Manager
PDFXFAEnabled- XFA support in native PDF reader enabled
TextPredictionEnabled- Text prediction enabled by default.
Finally, this browser release has a fix for CVE-2022-2856, which has been reported by the Chromium team as having an exploit in the wild.
The official announcement is here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!