Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.1906 and Build 22631.1906 (KB5027311) are now available in the Beta channel. Build 22631.1906 ships several new features for trying, while its counterpart has them hidden.
What's new in Windows 11 build 22631.1906
Taskbar and system tray:
- Now you can hide the date and time display in the system tray. To do this, right-click on the clock on the taskbar and select "Adjust date and time".
- The "Network" icon on the taskbar now has a new "Diagnose network problems" in the right-click menu.
Updated the Network flyout on the lock screen to better match the design of Windows 11.
Added support for connecting network adapters via the command prompt using netsh .
- Updated Windows Security dialog boxes, including those from Firewall, to match the Windows 11 design.
- Added links to advanced network adapter properties and network connection properties under Settings -> Network and Internet -> Advanced network settings.
- Added the ability to view passwords for known Wi-Fi networks in Settings -> Network and Internet -> Wi-Fi -> Manage Known Networks.
- Added additional options to the Data Usage page that allow you to set a daily and weekly data limit. Also, the page now displays information about how much the limit was exceeded.
- Added the ability to connect to Bluetooth Personal Area Networks under Settings -> Bluetooth & Devices -> Devices. This option will appear for paired devices, such as smartphones, that can share internet via Bluetooth.
- If you right-click on a Win32 application in the Start menu or in Search and select Uninstall, you will be taken to the Settings application, from where you can initiate the uninstallation of the program.
- Updated the Settings page for devices such as the Surface Dial to better match the look and feel of Windows 11.
Fixes in both builds
Fixed a compatibility issue that occurred due to unsupported registry access.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!