The first and really unique feature of Kaspersky's Free Antivirus is compatibility with other products. For me, this is the first time when I was able to install a working anti-virus app which has real-time scanning along with other anti-virus software.
Kaspersky claims the following benefits:
- Completely free solution with all basic features on-board.
- No ad-ware bundled (expect for their own premium products, of course).
- No spying, no user tracking.
This sounds nice for those who want more robust security beyond what Windows Defender offers. So what are those basic features this anti-virus offers? There are three of them:
- a real-time file system antivirus.
- a web filter to protect the user from malicious web pages.
- a premium class self-protection mechanism.
- and finally, the user interface to start a manual system or file check.
Due to the limited set of features, Kaspersky claims its free anti-virus software is lightweight on system resources. Personally, I have not tested how lightweight it is so you'll have to try that for yourself. But their premium products are well known for causing a really heavy load on your PC's hardware and slowing down the operating system a lot.
As of this writing, Kaspersky Free Antivirus is available only in Russian. The exact date when it will be available in other languages is not known. That's why screenshots in my post are in Russian.
Images and source: Kaspersky's official blog.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: