As you may already know, the latest version of Windows 10 now is 10586.63. Its version number was raised with KB3124263. Now Microsoft has published what exactly is included in this cumulative update.
According to Microsoft, KB3124263 brings the following bug fixes and improvements to Windows 10:
- 3124605 MS16-008: Security update for Windows kernel to address elevation of privilege: January 12, 2016
- 3124901 MS16-007: Security Update for Windows to address remote code execution: January 12, 2016
- 3124584 MS16-005: Security Update for Windows kernel-mode drivers to address remote code execution: January 12, 2016
- 3124275 MS16-001: Security update for Internet Explorer: January 12, 2016
- 3118753 Microsoft security advisory: Updates for ActiveX kill bits: January 12, 2016
Users who have installed Windows 10 build 10586 can install KB3124263 using regular Windows Update mechanism. If you have not changed Windows Update settings, that is, not disabled it, the KB3124263 patch will be installed automatically.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!