The recently released action role-playing game, Fallout 4 has become extremely popular. It is available for PC and game consoles. On PC, it has a number of issues you might face. One of the issues is missing support of 4:3 screens. The game does not offer any option to select a usable resolution for screens with 4:3 aspect ratio to run it fullscreen.
Here is what you need to do to run Fallout 4 fullscreen on a 4:3 display:
- Close the Fallout 4 game.
- Go to your game preferences folder. Usually it is located at:
This PC\Documents\My Games\Fallout4
If you are running Windows 7, go to
C:\Users\your user name\Documents\My Games\Fallout4
- Double click the file Fallout4Prefs.ini. It will be opened in Notepad:
- Find the line starting with bFull Screen=
Change it to
- Next, find the line starting with iSize H=
Change it to the height of your screen. For example, for 1280 x 1024 display resolution, it is
- Find the line starting with iSize W=
Change it to the width of your screen. For example, for 1280 x 1024 display resolution, it is
Save the file, close Notepad and enjoy Fallout 4 fullscreen.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!