In this article, we will show you how to change the text size in Windows 11. Windows 11 has many different accessibility settings to make the user experience comfortable for everyone. If you find the default text size in Windows 11 too small, the operating system allows changing it using several methods.
Microsoft keeps the text size settings in Windows in the Accessibility section of the Windows Settings app. It is worth mentioning that those settings apply a new text size to all apps, including Win32 and UWP.
Early versions of Windows 10 had additional GUI in the classic Control Panel for managing the text size. For example, you can learn how to change the text size in initial versions of Windows 10 in a previous article. Microsoft ditched the classic GUI for adjusting the text options in favor of more modern controls in the Windows Settings app.
So, to adjust the text size in Windows 11, do the following.
Change Text Size in Windows 11
- Press Win + I to open Windows Settings.
- Find the Accessibility section on the left side of the window.
- Click Text size.
- Now, adjust the text size slider from the left to right or vice versa depending on whether you want to increase or decrease the text size in Windows 11.
- Once you found the right text size in Windows 11, click Apply.
Note that Windows 11 shows a live preview above the slider, so you can see how a new size looks before applying changes to the entire system.
It is worth mentioning that changing the text size in Windows 11 using the previous method does not increase the size of other UI elements. If you have a hard time using your computer due to the small text size and UIs, we recommend changing the text size in Windows 11 using screen scaling.
Adjust Text Size Using Display Scale Settings
- Right-click the empty space on the Desktop and select Display Settings.
- Find the Scale and layout section, then the Scale option.
- Select the appropriate value from a drop-down list. Note that the value range depends on your screen size and resolution.
- Once you selected a new scaling, Windows 11 will increase the text size and the user interface.
Note: Some apps might not change their UI and text size unless you restart them.
Finally, you can use Winaero Tweaker to change the classic font size.
Using Winaero Tweaker
Download the app and install it. In the left pane, change the font size using options for window titles, messages, menus, etc.
Note that Winaero Tweaker changes the options under the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics Registry key. Microsoft doesn't officially support some of those options any longer, so they may not have effect in certain apps. For example, Store apps ignore them, and certain classic apps too. Anyway, they still helpful.
That is how to change the text size in Windows 11.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!