After releasing the major version Firefox 86, Mozilla has a new minor update with version 86.0.1. There are no new features nor significant improvements, but users will find several bug fixes for Apple Silicon-based Macs, Linux, and Windows computers. Here is the official changelog for Firefox 86.0.1.
What's new in Firefox 86.0.1
- Fixed an issue on Apple Silicon machines that caused Firefox to be unresponsive after system sleep.
- Fixed an issue causing windows to gain or lose focus unexpectedly.
- Fixed truncation of date and time widgets due to incorrect width calculation.
- Fixed an issue causing unexpected behavior with extensions managing tab groups.
- Fixed a frequent Linux crash on browser launch.
There are no security fixes in this release. You can find the changelog on the official Firefox website.
Firefox 86 is the latest major update to the popular browser. It added multiple picture-in-picture video support, Total Cookie Protection for Strict Mode, an improved printing functionality, and credit card management for users from Canada. Also, there are several fixes and minor improvements. Read more about the Firefox 86 release here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: