How to Enable the Download Later Scheduler in Chrome on Android
Chrome on Android will allow scheduling downloads. Google is working on adding a download scheduler feature. Now available in the Canary version of the app, the new option allows to download a file right now, next time you connect to a Wi-Fi network, or postpone the download to a specific date and time.
The new dialog looks as follows:
Image credits: Reddit
The options are as follows.
- Now - you will get the file downloaded directly, like it is currently implemented in Google Chrome.
- On Wi - Fi - the file will be downloaded the next time you connect to a Wi-Fi network that provides the access to the Internet.
- Pick date & time - this is a simple scheduler, that allows you to pick the desired date to get the file downloaded. It is also possible to pick a destination folder to save the download, and remember the options you set here for the future downloads.
Note: You will find your scheduled downloads on the Downloads page of the Chrome Canary browser.
The new feature is called 'Download later'.
Here's how to enable it if you are interested in giving it a try. Ensure that you have installed the latest Chrome Canary, version 86.0.4204.0 or above is required.
To Enable the Download Later Scheduler in Chrome on Android,
chrome://flagsin the address bar.
- Look for the flag Enable download later.
- Set the flag state to Enabled.
- Close Google Chrome, and run it again.
The Download Later feature is now enabled on your Android device.
By implementing this option in Chrome, Google adds a built-in download manager to the browser. This might be enough for most Android users. The new feature could eliminate the need to install a separate download management application. However, there aren't many situations where you really want to defer a download. Therefore, Google engineers may change their minds and may not include this feature in the stable version of Chrome.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!