Microsoft today released a new build of Chromium-based Microsoft Edge 95.0.1011.1 to the Dev Channel. Traditionally, it comes with several new features and includes various fixes and improvements.
What's new in Microsoft Edge Dev 95.0.1011.1
The key changes include:
- Added the ability to hide the Extensions button by right-clicking it on the address bar or in the … menu.
- Added a setting on Mac to hide the Picture in Picture overlay controls.
- Completed feature rollouts:
- Enabled by default improvements to Windows Task Manager when running on Windows 11.
- Enabled by default the ability to autofill custom data.
- Added support for natural voices to Read Aloud on Android.
- Enabled the Surf game on Android.
- Management policies (note that updates to administrative templates or documentation may not have occurred yet):
- Added policies to set an Internet Explorer Integration Window Open Width Adjustment and Internet Explorer Integration Window Open Height Adjustment, which add extra pixels to the size of popup windows opened from IE mode tabs.
- Added a policy to control if Visual Search is Enabled, which controls reverse image search.
- Added a policy to control Shadow Stack Crash Rollback Behavior, which controls if the hardware-enforced stack protection security feature in certain devices should be enabled following a crash that’s triggered by it.
- Enabled support for the policy from Chromium to control if Browser Legacy Extension Points Blocking is Enabled, which controls if legacy extensions are allowed to load code into the browser’s main process for compatibility with other applications.
- Added support for the No Frame Merging in IE mode tabs.
- Added support for the navigator.share API in PWAs on Mac OS.
There is also a bunch of fixes. You can review them by visiting this page.
Download Microsoft Edge Dev
The Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Dev is available for download on the official Edge Insider website. Existing users will receive the update automatically in a few hours. If you want to speed up the process, then open Settings (Alt + F) > Help > About Microsoft Edge in the menu to make it check for updates and get the most recent build.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: