After releasing the first Edge 100 build for testing in the Dev channel, Microsoft promoted Edge 99 to the Beta channel. Users can now check out the latest improvements coming soon to Microsoft Edge without installing less stable versions, such as Dev or Canary.
What is new in Microsoft Edge 99 Beta
Here are the newest features in Microsoft Edge 99:
- Preparation for the upcoming three-digit version number in the user agent string. Microsoft Edge will soon update to version 100, and Microsoft wants to see how this change affects websites. Starting with Edge 97, users and site owners can test the Edge 100 user-agent string by enabling the #force-major-version-to-100 flag on the edge://flags page.
- Improved multi-profile experience. Users can create a personalized list of websites for automatic profile switching in Microsoft Edge. For example, you can set the browser to change profiles when you open a specific web page.
- Improved PDF navigation with thumbnails. Microsoft Edge now offers improved PDF navigation with page previews. Thumbnails will appear on the left side of the PDF reader.
- New policies for disabling the password manager in Edge. IT Admins can specify what websites the browser should not offer the user to save and autofill passwords (PasswordManagerBlocklist).
- APIs for updating extensions to the Microsoft Edge Add-ons store. Developers can integrate new APIs directly into their build pipelines and publish package updates to the Microsoft Edge Add-ons website. More information about this change is available in the official documentation.
You can download and install Microsoft Edge Beta on Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android.
According to the Microsoft Edge release schedule, Edge 99 will arrive in the Stable channel on the week of March 3, 2022. This version will not be available in the ESR channel (Extended Stable Release), which receives major feature updates every eight weeks.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!