Microsoft today released Edge Dev 100.0.1156.1 with a number of fixes and improvements. It is the first build based on Chromium 100, which also allows signing into the browser with a work or school account on Linux.
The rest of the changes look as follows.
What's new in Microsoft Edge Dev 100.0.1156.1
- Added info to the Performance Hub about how much savings Sleeping Tabs are providing.
- Enabled by default the Rewards hub.
- Fixed a crash when searching for words in a PDF.
- Fixed a crash when signing into the browser.
- Fixed a crash when using Guest mode windows.
- Fixed a crash when sending feedback.
- Fixed an issue where the Rewards Hub crashes.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when using Read Aloud.
- Fixed a hang when viewing tooltips or other popups that appear when hovering over IE mode tabs.
You will find the full list of changes in the official announcement.
If you are already using Edge Dev on your computer, you will receive the update automatically as soon as possible. If you want to speed up the process, then enter
edge://settings/help into the address bar. This will make the browser download the latest version.
You can also download Microsoft Edge Chromium from the official Edge Insider website.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!