How to Disable or Enable Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox
Starting in Firefox 69, the browser comes with the content blocking feature enabled by default. This is implemented as a set of options that protect users from online threats and tracking. The protection works transparently by excluding certain page elements and scripts. This makes the page content load faster, but can affect the web site's functionality.
When Firefox blocks some content on a web page, a shield icon appears in the address bar. Here is how it looks.
If the content blocking feature affects your browsing in a bad way, you can disable it on individual web sites. Firefox offers a number of way to whitelist a web site.
To Disable Content Blocking for Individual Sites in Firefox,
- Open Firefox.
- Navigate to the web site you want to disable the content blocking feature for.
- Click on the shield icon or on the site information icon ( i ).
- In the site information pane, click on the Turn off Blocking for This Site button.
- The content blocking feature is now disabled.
You are done.The shield icon will appear a strikethrough, indicating that there is no active content blocking for this site.
To undo the change, open the site information flyout again, and click on the Turn on Blocking for This Site button.
Note: When in a Private window, the Turn off Blocking for This Site button appears as Turn off Blocking Temporarily.
The sites you have disabled content blocking for will be added to exceptions. You can also manage the list of whitelisted web sites from browser's settings.
Manage Content Blocking Exceptions
- Do either one of the following steps.
- In the Site Information pane, click on Content Blocking - <policy name>.
- In the main menu, click on the Content Blocking <policy name> item.
- In menu, click on Preferences, then select Privacy & Secutiry on the left.
- Under Content Blocking, click on Manage Exceptions.
- In the next dialog, select a web site in the list.
- Click on the Remove Website button to restore the default policy (i.e. enable the default content blocking feature) for the selected web site.
- Clicking on Remove All Websites will clear the white list of web sites and enable content blocking for all of them.
- Click on Save Changes when finished.
Select articles of interest.
- Enable Loading of userChrome.css and userContent.css in Firefox
- Prevent Firefox From Suspending Tabs
- How to Refresh Firefox in Windows 10
- Disable Extension Recommendations in Firefox
- Remove Individual Autocomplete Suggestions in Firefox
- More HERE.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!