Microsoft has released new monthly cumulative updates for all supported operating systems. As usual, the patches are here to fix bugs and resolve vulnerabilities. Microsoft already redistributes the following updates via Windows Update and its Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Updates for Windows 11 and Windows 10 released on July 12, 2022
It addresses an issue that redirects the PowerShell command output so that transcript logs do not contain any output of the command. Consequently, the decrypted password is lost.
The same change is applicable to all Windows 1o versions listed below.
- November 2021 Update (version 21H2) - KB5015807 (OS Build 19044.1826). Manual download from Microsoft Update Catalog.
- May 2021 Update (version 21H1) - KB5015807 (OS Build 19043.1826). Download manually from Microsoft Update Catalog.
- October 2020 Update (version 20H2) - KB5015807 (OS Build 19042.1826).
- Download manually from Microsoft Update Catalog.
- October 2018 Update (version 1809) - KB5015811 (OS Build 17763.3165). Here is the link Microsoft Update Catalog.
Note: Windows 10 versions 20H2, 21H1, and 21H2 are built on the same base and have an identical set of system files. That is why they receive the same cumulative update.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!