The team behind the Opera browser today announced availability of a new beta version of the product. Opera 60 Beta comes with interesting changes made to the user interface of the browser. One of the changes allows the browser to automatically follow the system dark theme which the user can enable in Settings > Personalization.Opera 45 introduced dark mode that could be enabled by the user manually. Version 61 changes this. Now the browser respects the user preferences made under Personalization > Colors in the Settings app of Windows 10.
Here is the new feature in action:
The feature appears to be inherited directly from Chromium, which has recently introduced the same functionality.
The official change log mentions the following key changes in this release.
- System dark mode in Windows 10 is supported
- Snapshot buttons are in dark theme now
- Address bar separators on Windows and Linux are well-fitted
- A few more dark themed pop-ups
- Fixed animations on macOS when opening new tab
- Sidebar’s context menu shown in the right place
Download Opera 60 Beta
- Opera beta for Windows (Using Opera beta for Windows installer means Opera for Computers EULA is accepted)
- Opera beta for Windows (Portable version)
- Opera beta for macOS
- Opera beta for Linux – deb packages
- Opera beta for Linux – RPM packages
- Opera beta for Linux – snap package