There is a Connect app bundled with Windows 10. Using that app, you can bring the Continuum experience from your phone to the PC without needing a dock or Miracast adapter. If you have no use for the Connect app, here is how you can remove it completely in Windows 10.
Out of the box, Windows 10 comes with a set of bundled apps. Some of them are new to Windows 10, like Phone Companion or Xbox, while others were created to replace classic Win32 apps, like Calculator or Windows Photo Viewer. Another example is the Edge browser, which Microsoft recommends you to use instead of Internet Explorer.
The Connect app is one of those apps. The streaming feature of this app requires a Continuum-enabled Windows 10 phone to get it working. It also allows other Miracast-enabled PCs to project to other PCs without needing a dock or Miracast adapter.
Tip: Here's how to tweak your PC to ensure top performance for a specific type of task, be it gaming, document work or something else.
If you have no use for these features, you can remove it as described below.
- Download the Uninstall Connect ZIP file I prepared it to make the process of removing the app easy.
- Extract all files from the ZIP archive you downloaded to any desired folder, e.g. Desktop or Documents.
- Right click the Uninstall Connect.cmd file and select "Run as Administrator".
- Wait till the process is done.
- Restart Windows 10.
Behind this trick is an application called WIMTweak which manages Windows Packages and allows you to hide/unhide them from the Windows image (WIM) file. It works on offline images as well as online. WIMTweak was created by MSFN user Legolash2o, so credits for this awesome tool go to him.
Bonus tip: In our recent articles, we showed you a way to remove other built-in apps. You might want to read them.
- How to uninstall and remove Insider Hub in Windows 10
- How to uninstall and remove the Edge browser in Windows 10
- How to uninstall and remove Contact Support in Windows 10
- How to uninstall and remove Feedback in Windows 10
- How to uninstall and remove Cortana in Windows 10
- Remove all apps bundled with Windows 10 but keep Windows Store
- How to uninstall and remove the Xbox app in Windows 10
That's it. Thanks to my friend Nick for the idea.