The Tailored experiences privacy setting is available in Windows 10 starting in build 15019. It is enabled by default. When it is enabled, Microsoft will use diagnostic data to provide personalized recommendations, tips and offers to tailor Windows for the user's needs, and make it work better for them. If you are not happy with the default settings, you can disable it, as explained below.
To Disable Tailored Experiences During Windows Setup
- During a clean install of Windows 10, proceed until you see the Choose privacy settings for your device page.
- Turn off the Tailored experiences privacy option (see the screenshot).
After installing Windows 10, the option can be changed with either Settings or a Registry tweak.
To Disable Tailored Experiences in Windows 10 Settings,
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to Privacy > Diagnostics & feedback.
- On the right, scroll down to the Tailored experiences section.
- Disable the option "Let Microsoft provide more tailored experiences with relevant tips and recommendations by using your diagnostic data setting you have chosen".
Finally, you can apply a Registry tweak to disable the feature.
To Disable Tailored Experiences with a Registry Tweak,
- Open the Registry Editor app.
- Go to the following Registry key.
See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
- On the right, modify or create a new 32-Bit DWORD value TailoredExperiencesWithDiagnosticDataEnabled.
Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
Set its value to 0 to disable the feature. A value data of 1 will enable it.
- To make the changes done by the Registry tweak take effect, you need to sign out and sign in to your user account.
To save your time, you can download the following ready-to-use Registry files.
- Disable Privacy Settings Experience at Sign-in in Windows 10
- Block or Unblock Automatic File Downloads for Apps in Windows 10
- Disable Advertising ID for Relevant Ads in Windows 10
- Disable Improve Inking & Typing Personalization in Windows 10
- Disable App Access To Messaging In Windows 10
- Disable App Access To Email In Windows 10
- Disable App Access To Call History In Windows 10
- Disable App Access To Contacts In Windows 10
- Disable App Access To Location In Windows 10
- Disable App Access To File System In Windows 10
- Disable App Access To Account Info In Windows 10
- Disable App Access To Calendar In Windows 10
- Disable App Access To Microphone In Windows 10
- Manage App Access To Documents, Pictures, and Videos In Windows 10