Windows 10 includes a touch keyboard for computers and tablets with a touch screen. When you touch any text field on your tablet, the touch keyboard appears on the screen. If you don't have a touch screen, you can still launch it. Windows 10 "Redstone 4" version 1803 comes with a new options which allow you to enable Auto Correction and Text Suggestions for a hardware keyboard connected to your device. Also, you can make Windows add a space automatically after a text suggestion.
Automatically Add Space After Text Suggestion for Hardware Keyboard
- Open Settings.
- Go to Time & language -> Keyboard.
- On the right, select your keyboard in the list and click on the Options button.
- On the right, enable the option Add a space after I choose a text suggestion under Hardware keyboard as shown below.
This will enable the feature for the hardware keyboard in Windows 10.
Don't Add Space After Text Suggestion For Hardware Keyboard
- Open Settings.
- Go to Devices - Typing.
- On the right, enable the option Add a space after I choose a text suggestion on the hardware keyboard.
This will disable the feature for the hardware keyboard in Windows 10.
You are done.
Alternatively, you can apply a simple Registry tweak.
Disable or Enable "Add Space After Text Suggestion" with Registry Tweak
- Open the Registry Editor app.
- Go to the following Registry key.
See how to go to a Registry key with one click.
- On the right, create a new 32-Bit DWORD value EnableHwkbInsertSpace.
Note: Even if you are running 64-bit Windows you must still create a 32-bit DWORD value.
Set its value data to 1 to enable the feature. The value data of 0 will disable it.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: