How to Add Disk Management to Control Panel in Windows 10
Services is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that allows you to start, stop, and configure service options. In modern Windows versions, it can be found in Administrative tools\Computer Management. In addition to this option, you may want to add it to the Control Panel, which is really useful if you prefer this classic tool over the modern Settings app.
With Services, you can perform a variety of tasks on installed services, including the built-in Windows services and services installed by third-party apps.
Services can be used:
And more. Also, interested users can create a list of installed services and save it to a text file, and delete a service. Additionally, you can quickly find services related to a process.
Services are not in the Control Panel by default, but you can add it there.
In Windows 10, Microsoft is moving everything from the classic Control Panel to the Modern app called "Settings". It has already inherited many options which were exclusively available in the Control Panel. If you prefer using the classic Control panel, you might want to add some extra applets to it to make it more useful.
In Windows, it is easy to add custom items to the Control Panel. Check out the following blog post:
How to add anything you want to Control Panel
In the following image, you will see dozens of custom items added to the Control Panel which are not normally present.
Here's how to add Services to the classic Control Panel.
To Add Services to Control Panel in Windows 10,
- Download the following Registry files (the ZIP archive): Download Registry Files
- Extract them to any folder you like. You can place them right on the Desktop.
- Close the Control Panel if you have it open.
- Double-click the file Add Services To Control Panel.reg and confirm the operation.
- Now, open the Control Panel and go to System and Security.
You are done. You now have Services in the Control Panel. It is also visible in the 'Large icons' and 'Small icons' view.
Use the included Remove Services From Control Panel.reg file to remove the applet from the Control Panel.
Also, see the following useful posts:
- Add Disk Management to Control Panel in Windows 10
- Add Classic User Accounts to Control Panel in Windows 10
- Add All Tasks to Control Panel in Windows 10
- Add Windows Defender to the Control Panel in Windows 10
- Add Personalization To Control Panel In Windows 10
- How to add anything you want to Control Panel
- How to Hide Control Panel Applets in Windows 10
- Show Only Certain Control Panel Applets in Windows 10
- Open Control Panel Applets Directly in Windows 10
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
6 thoughts on “Add Services to Control Panel in Windows 10”
Don’t forget to also mention, that the fastest way to get to Services in Windows 10 is to simply:
– Right click on the Windows icon bottom left corner
– Choose Computer Management
That’s true. Thanks.
That sounds great … but is there a way to “SAVE” the Control Panel if Windows actually does remove it in the future and force everything into their Settings?
I’m afraid there will be nothing to save if they remove the classic applets from the OS, not just hide them from the Control Panel.
To all at Winaero, I have downloaded all of your “Add to the Control Panel” tweaks; and I just want to say, thank you very much.
You are most welcome.