As you may already know, Windows 10 Creators Update comes with a new feature - the Windows Holographic platform, which adds a new icon to Settings.
Windows Holographic is the platform that adds mixed reality experiences available on Microsoft HoloLens. It offers a holographic shell and an interaction model, perception APIs, and Xbox Live services.
Even if you have compatible hardware, you may find no use for this feature. In that case, you may want to hide this page from Settings.
To Add or Remove Mixed Reality from Settings in Windows 10, do the following.
- Close Settings if you have the app opened.
- Open Registry Editor (see how).
- Navigate to the following Registry key:
Tip: You can access the desired Registry key with one click.
- Modify or create a new 32-bit DWORD value named FirstRunSucceeded. Set its value data to 1 to add Mixed Reality to Settings. Set it to 0 to remove the icon.Note: Even if you are running a 64-bit Windows version, you still need to create a 32-bit DWORD value.
- Now, open Settings. In my case, the Mixed Reality icon shows because I set it to 1:
To save your time, you can download ready-to-use Registry files. Get them here:
The visibility of the Mixed Reality icon in Settings depends on the tests which the operating system performs during installation. If the hardware passes the minimal Hololens requirements, then the icon is visible. Otherwise, it is hidden.
- CPU: Intel Mobile Core i5 (e.g. 7200U) Dual-Core with Hyperthreading equivalent or higher
- GPU: Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620 (GT2) equivalent or greater DirectX 12 API Capable GPU
- RAM: 8 GB+ Dual Channel required for integrated Graphics
- HDMI: HDMI 1.4 with 2880×1440 @ 60 Hz or HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.3+ with 2880×1440 @ 90 Hz
- HDD: 100GB+ SSD (Preferred) / HDD
- USB: USB 3.0 Type-A or USB 3.1 Type-C Port with DisplayPort Alternate Mode
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0 for accessories
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: