How to add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows 10
AHCI Link Power Management configures the link power management mode for disk and storage devices that are attached to the system through an AHCI interface. In Windows 10 you can add the "AHCI Link Power Management" option to the Power Options applet of the classic Control Panel. It is a hidden option that is not visible by default.
The option AHCI Link Power Management is available in Windows 7 and later versions of Windows.
Depending on your hardware, it can be switched to one of the following modes.
- Active - Neither HIPM or DIPM allowed. Link power management is disabled.
- HIPM - Host Initiated Link Power Management only can be used.
- DIPM - Device Initiated Link Power Management only can be used.
- HIPM + DIPM. Both HIPM and DIPM can be used.
- Lowest - HIPM, DIPM, and DEVSLP can be activated. DevSlp or DevSleep (sometimes referred to as device sleep or SATA DEVSLP) is a feature in some SATA devices which allows them to go into a low power "device sleep" mode when sent the appropriate signal.
You can add or remove it from Power Options using either a Registry tweak or powercfg. In this article, we will review both methods.
To Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows 10,
- Open an elevated command prompt.
- Add Type or copy-paste the following command:
powercfg -attributes SUB_DISK 0b2d69d7-a2a1-449c-9680-f91c70521c60 -ATTRIB_HIDE.
- AHCI Link Power Management is now available in the Power options applet.
- To undo the change, use the following command:
powercfg -attributes SUB_DISK 0b2d69d7-a2a1-449c-9680-f91c70521c60 +ATTRIB_HIDE.
You are done. On the following screenshot, the AHCI Link Power Management option is added to Power Options.
Alternatively, you can apply a Registry tweak.
Add Reserve Battery Level to Power Options in Registry
- Open Registry Editor.
- Go to the following key:
Tip: You can access any desired Registry key with one click.
- In the right pane, change the Attributes 32-bit DWORD value to 2 to enable it. See the following screenshot:
- Once you make these changes, the setting will appear in Power Options.
You are done!
Note: To remove the option you added, set the data value of Attributes to 1.
To save your time, you can download these ready-to-use Registry files:
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!