A new update KB5014958 ships build 22621.169 to Insiders in the Release Preview channel. The channel hosts Windows 11 version 22H2 that will become generally available this fall. Today's update includes a few new features and several fixes.
What's new in Windows 11 version 22H2
- Added Server Message Block (SMB) redirector (RDR) specific public File System Control (FSCTL) code FSCTL_LMR_QUERY_INFO.
- Added support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 in Windows client and server Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) implementations.
- Updated the Remove-Item cmdlet to properly interact with Microsoft OneDrive folders
- Enabled the InternetExplorerModeEnableSavePageAs Group Policy.
- Fixed an issue that causes the Take Photo button to disappear when you use a common file dialog to open the camera.
- Fixed an issue that prevents devices from receiving an offer from Windows Update for the same extension driver when that extension driver is already installed without the base driver.
- Fixed an issue that causes install from media (IFM) creation for Active Directory to fail with the error, “2101 JET_errCallbackFailed”.
- Fixed an issue that occurs when the Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service (LDS) resets the password for userProxy objects. The password reset fails with an error such as, “00000005: SvcErr: DSID-03380C23, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0”.
- Fixed an issue that occurs when the Active Directory Lightweight Directory Service (AD LDS) resets the password for userProxy objects. When you try to reset someone else’s password and you are authenticated using a simple bind, the password reset fails. The error is like, “00000005: SvcErr: DSID-03380C23, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0”.
- Fixed an issue that prevents Microsoft Edge from being available in Windows Sandbox.
If your device is enrolled into the Release Preview channel, you don't need to take extra steps to receive this update. Windows 11 will install KB5014958 automatically.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: