Microsoft has released new preview builds of Windows 11 (version 22H2) with KB5018490 to Windows Insiders on the Beta channel. Traditionally, Build 22623.746 is for testing new features, and in Build 22621.746 new features are disabled by default.
What's new in Windows 11 Build 22623.746
This build includes preliminary support to rearrange System Tray icons for Insiders who have the System Tray updates that began rolling out with Build 22623.730. Further improvements for this experience are coming soon. As a reminder, these System Tray updates are still rolling out and are not available to all Insiders just yet. If your PC does not have these changes, your System Tray experience will remain the same as before.
Fixes in Build 22623.746
Fixed an issue where the gesture to slide the Start menu open from the bottom of the screen using touch might stop following your finger.
System Tray Updates for Tablet-optimized taskbar
Fixed an issue for Insiders with “automatically hide the taskbar” enabled, where right-clicking app icons in the system tray was unexpectedly making the taskbar dismiss.
Fixes for BOTH Build 22621.746 & Build 22623.746
- Enabled the ms-appinstaller Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) to work for the DesktopAppInstaller.
- Fixed an issue that affects the Windows Search service. Indexing progress is slow when you use the service.
- Audio stopped working for some Insiders in recent Beta Channel builds.
- The taskbar sometimes flashes when transitioning between desktop posture and tablet posture.
- The taskbar takes longer than expected to transition to the touch-optimized version when switching between desktop posture and tablet posture.
- When using the bottom right edge gesture to see Quick Settings, the taskbar sometimes stays stuck in the expanded state, instead of dismissing to collapsed state.
- [NEW] Dragging the system tray icons may cause explorer.exe to crash for some Insiders.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!