Microsoft has released a new Windows 11 preview build 22000.100 (KB5004300) to Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel. It is important to note that Microsoft will improve the OS in the coming months, so now you can try many, but not all, of the new features that were presented during the announcement of Windows 11. In particular, the ability to run Android applications is still not available.
Build 22000.100 brings a set of new features to Insiders, but also includes a huge number of fixes.
What's new in Windows 11 Build 22000.100
- Microsoft is gradually rolling out Chat from Microsoft Teams to Insiders in the Dev Channel. Not everyone will see it right away.
- The hidden icons flyout on the lower right of the Taskbar has been updated to match the new visuals of Windows 11. (Please note – it may not look right after updating to this build – toggling between two themes will correct the issue.)
- Added the ability to quickly access Focus assist settings directly from Notification Center.
- When a background activity from an app requires attention, the app will flash on the Taskbar to get your attention. In Windows 11, Microsoft has updated this design so that it still grabs your attention but with a calming treatment that minimizes the impact of unwarranted distractions. The subtle flashing eventually stops, and you will see a slightly red backplate and red pill under the app icon continuing to note a background activity needs your attention.
- The touch keyboard icon in the Taskbar has been adjusted to be more consistent with the size of the other icons in the corner of the Taskbar.
- The Taskbar calendar flyout will now fully collapse down when clicking the chevron in the top corner to give you more room for notifications.
- In the latest Microsoft Store update rolling out to Insiders, Microsoft made navigation in the new Microsoft Store feel fast and fun. When you select an app or movie you’re interested in, you might notice some animations that help you keep track of what you’re browsing.
That's all about the new features in this release. For the complete list of fixes and known issues, see the official blog.
The full build number is 10.0.22000.100.co_release_svc_prod2.210714-1804. To install it, press Win + I and navigate to Settings > Windows Update, and click on the Check for updates button at the top right.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!