Microsoft has released a new Dev channel build to Insiders with changes made to the Widgets panel, Start Menu, Group Policy, and input. The Widgets flyout one has a toolbar with extra actions. The Start menu can now show notification badges to inform the user about actions he needs to take. Besides, there are a bunch of fixes in this release.
There are also official ISO images available for Windows 11 Build 25227. You can use them to do a clean install. They can be downloaded here.
What's new in Windows 11 Build 25227
- The Start menu for some Insiders will show badging on their user profile notifying them that certain actions need to be taken.
- The Widget header can now appear on the left, and also shows additional new icons to manage Widgets with ease.
- The clipboard history (WIN + V) on password fields feature that began rolling out with Build 25206 is now available to all Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel.
- You can now contribute your voice clips to Microsoft even if on-device speech recognition is used.
- Sync settings now supports voice typing options, Automatic punctuation and Voice typing launcher. You can toggle this feature via Settings > Accounts > Windows backup > Remember my preferences > Accessibility. This currently only works with Microsoft accounts today with AAD support coming later.
- A new dialog will warn users of potential data loss if they elect to change the partition style of their storage drive under System > Storage > Disks & Volumes > Disk Properties.
- The ethernet and Wi-Fi property pages in Settings will now show gateway information in the network details summary.
- This build includes improvements for update management for IT administrators:
- The Deadline calculation for both quality and feature updates is now based off the time the client’s update scan initially discovered the update.
- The Specify deadlines for automatic updates and restarts Group Policy setting was split into two separate settings:
- Specify deadlines for automatic updates and restarts for quality updates
- Specify deadlines for automatic updates and restarts for feature updates
- To reduce the impact of the Deadline calculation change, the defaults values for feature updates were changed to the following:
- Update/ConfigureDeadlineForFeatureUpdates = 2 (previously 7)
- Update/ConfigureDeadlineGracePeriodForFeatureUpdate = 7 (previously 2)
Besides, there are several fixes to various system components. You will find the full list in the official announcement here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!