Microsoft is releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25131 to the Dev Channel. The official announcement doesn't claim any new feature. It only includes various fixes, and a new version of the Microsoft Store app.
What's new in Windows 11 Build 25131
Microsoft Store version 22205.1401.3.0
This build includes a new version of the Microsoft Store app with the following changes.
- Native Arm64 support: It will run faster on ARM64 devices.
- Improved app updates: The running apps, when installing updates from the Store, won't close automatically. So you won't lose your work.
- Improved Android apps support for the pop-pup store experience: When you’re browsing the web, you might discover a new app. If it’s available in the Microsoft Store, Windows show you a pop-up experience to help you install it. This experience now supports free Android apps (depending on device compatibility and age rating).
- Faster navigation: Microsoft has improved the browsing experience.
- Improved viewing options UX for movies and TV shows: Once you’ve selected a TV show or movie, you can see all your viewing options in a single list.
Fixes and improvements in build 25131
- Fixed an issue causing some Insider PCs with certain AMD processors to bugcheck and roll back when attempting to upgrade to last week’s flight. This issue is also believed to be the cause of some Insiders experiencing a bugcheck after enabling SVM in the bios on their PCs in the last build.
- Fixed an issue which was causing some Insiders with secondary accounts on their PC to not be able to upgrade to the latest builds.
- The new folder icon used in the command bar should be consistent with the one used in the context menu now.
- Fixed an issue which could lead to File Explorer hanging when browsing folders with lots of .mkv files.
- Fixed an issue which was causing searching from Home to not return any results sometimes from the Open or Save dialog (when doing it from File Explorer returned results).
- Searching for something like %appdata% should now show a proper folder icon and not just a blank square.
- When selecting “Open file location” for a search result, it should now select the file in the folder again now, and not just open the folder.
- Searching for “default” will now return the default apps Settings page as the first result, and not require you to click “show all results” in order to see it.
- Fixed an issue where the “Listen to this device” audio option would stop working after a reboot until being unchecked and rechecked.
- Narrator will now read out the position of the radio buttons in the Settings > Accessibility > Color filters page to make it easier to navigate.
- Hovering over “Do you like what you see?” when using Windows Spotlight on the lock screen should no longer display a shadow which extends to the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed an issue which was leading to certain frame rate monitoring applications impacting game performance.
- Fixed an issue that could cause rounded corners to unexpectedly become pixelated at certain scale factors.
Also, check out the official announcement here for the list of known issues.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!