Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23541 is now available to everyone running the OS in the Dev channel. The release doesn't include new features besides the updated Store app. It comes with fixes, and adds a number of known issues.
What's new in Windows 11 Build 23541 (Dev)
Changes and improvements
- Start Menu:
- Some Insiders may not see an extended preview (tooltip) of cloud files in the Recommended section of the Start menu and the ability to share them when right-clicking on them. These features were introduced in build 23511 .
- Fixed an issue where dragging application icons onto the taskbar would sometimes cause explorer.exe to crash.
- Search on the taskbar: Fixed an issue where the tooltip when hovering over the search field would not match the selected text.
- Fixed an issue where creating a new Dev Drive failed to paste the mount folder path into the dialog box.
Note. Some of the fixes listed above may be included in cumulative updates for release versions of Windows 11.
- [New] Desktop icons may appear as white sheets rather than with the icons they should be.
- [New] There is a known issue where the progress bar remains on the Explorer tab even after a folder has finished downloading.
- [New] Sorting changes for folders are not saved after navigating somewhere and returning back.
Some apps in the Start menu's All Apps list (for example, PWA apps installed with Microsoft Edge) may appear as system apps when they are not.
- Unicode Emoji 15 support , introduced in build 23475 , and the updated color font format to COLRv1 , available in build 23506 , no longer work after updating to build 23531 . Engineers are working to fix the issue.
- [New] This build causes tabtip.exe to crash frequently, which may impact text input for some Insiders.
- [New] Insiders on the Dev Channel are reporting that the preview version of Windows Copilot is not available in some regions. Engineers have already discovered the problem. The feature will become available to these users in upcoming builds.
- You can use Alt+Tab to exit Windows Copilot, but not to return to it. To go to Windows Copilot, use the combination WIN + C.
- When first launching or after refreshing Copilot while using voice access you’ll need to use “Show grid” commands to click in the “Ask me anything” box for the first time.
A new Game Pass page in the Store
Now you can find out about the benefits of PC Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate on a dedicated page, as well as subscribe to the service. The page will tell you about available exclusive games, special offers, free bonuses, access to EA Play and so on.
In addition, it's now easier to find games that are available on a subscription basis from day one, new games on Game Pass, a list of Bethesda games, and more.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: