If you are about to install Windows 10 on your PC, you might want to know if your device is capable of running the latest operating system from Redmond. Version 1909 of Windows 10 has the same requirements as its predecessor, version 1903 'May 2019 Update'.
As you may remember, Microsoft had updated the official system requirements starting with Windows 10 version 1903.
Windows 10 system requirements which Microsoft officially stated initially were not changed for a long time. However, with Windows 10 version 1903, also known as May 2019 Update, system requirements have been raised by Microsoft.
Windows 10 version 1909 shares the same system requirements. Check them out.
Windows 10 Version 1909 System Requirements
Windows 10 version 1909 will require a PC which fits the following specifications:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 32 GB for both 64-bit and 32-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later
- Display resolution: 800 x 600, a minimum diagonal display size for the primary display of 7-inches or larger.
Notice the storage size requirement. For Windows 10 version 1809 and prior, it was 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS. For Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909 the value is at least 32GB. This is related to the reserved storage feature.
Also, storage controllers used in devices that run Windows 10 for desktop editions must meet the following requirements:
- Storage controllers must support booting using the Extensible Firmware Interface (EFI) and implement device paths as defined in EDD-3.
- Storage host controllers and adapters must meet the requirements for the device protocol used and any requirements related to the device storage bus type.
- Bus-attached controllers must implement the correct class/subclass code as specified in the PCI Codes and Assignments v1.6 specification.
The processor should meet the following requirements:
- Compatible with the x86 or x64 instruction set.
- Supports PAE, NX and SSE2.
- Supports CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, and PrefetchW for 64-bit OS installation
Finally, check out the following post:
Read it, and consider getting an SSD drive instead of a hard drive if you use Windows 10 daily.
To learn what's new in Windows 10 version 1909, please refer to the post
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!