Microsoft is releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19631 to insiders in the Fast Ring. It doesn't include new features, comes with only general fixes and improvements. However, the release is notable for ARM64 VHDX which is now available for download.
ARM64 VHDX available for download
Back in February with Build 19559, we added the ability to install Hyper-V on ARM64 devices such as the Surface Pro X running the Enterprise or Pro editions of Windows 10. Today, we are offering the ARM64 VHDX for Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 19624, so that Insiders can run Windows 10 as a guest OS in Hyper-V. You can download the VHDX here. We will regularly release updated VHDX downloads for newer Insider Preview builds going forward.
Note: Hyper-V on Windows 10 ARM64 devices only works on Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds 19559 and above. Nested virtualization is not supported.
General changes & improvements
- We updated the configuration of Windows Hello to make sure it works well with 940nm wavelength cameras.
- Windows Sandbox WSB files are now case insensitive.
- We fixed the issue causing the IIS configuration being set to default after taking a new build.
- We fixed an issue that could result in a key press not waking up a device from connected standby in certain scenarios.
- We fixed an issue impacting Remote Desktop reliability.
- We’re looking into an issue where some devices booting from eMMC storage may bugcheck when resuming from hibernate.
- We’re looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We’re working on fixing an issue for a future Insider Preview build where in Settings > Privacy the Documents and Downloads sections show a broken icon next to their page name (just a rectangle).
- We’re looking into reports that taskbar preview thumbnails aren’t rendering consistently (showing a blank area).
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!