Microsoft is releasing a new cumulative update for Windows build 19041, which is known as the final (RTM) build of version 2004, and is expected to reach consumers this Spring.
The company today made available KB4540409, which raises the OS build number to 19041.113, and includes quality improvements. Here is
What's new in Windows 10 Build 19041.113 (KB4540409)
- We fixed an issue that might block digital rights management (DRM) video playback in apps that depend on the Windows 8.0 or later PlayReady Store Framework for content protection.
- We have updated the copyright date for Windows 10, version 2004 to the year 2020.
- We have fixed an issue that causes the Notepad icon to appear on the Start menu after uninstalling the Feature-on-Demand (FOD) version of Notepad.
- We have fixed an issue that might cause some systems to stop responding at sign in because several background services are being hosted in the same service host process.
- We have fixed an issue with the Your Phone app that might cause the copying of large PC files (such as images) to certain phone models to time out.
- We have fixed an issue with cellular data for certain mobile carriers that might prevent connectivity on Microsoft Surface Pro X.
- We have fixed an issue that fails to pin the new Microsoft Edge icon to the taskbar after a user installs the new Microsoft Edge and creates a new user profile on the device.
- We have fixed an issue that prevents some users from signing out because the user session stops responding.
- We are aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3that resolves the known issue with Edge.
If you have configured your device to receive updates from the Slow Ring ring, open Settings - > Update & recovery and click on the Check for Updates button on the right. This will install the latest available Insider Preview of Windows 10.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!