Microsoft released a new cumulative update to Window Insider program Slow, and Release Preview rings. If you are a Windows Insider in the Slow or RP ring, you will be offered to install this update. Here are the key changes.
KB4497935 targets Windows 10 '19H1', version 1903, known as 'May 2019 Update'.
raises the OS version to build 18362.145. The change log comes with the following highlights.
What's new in Windows 10 Build 18362.145, KB4497935
- Addresses an issue that may prevent Custom URI Schemes for Application Protocol handlers from starting the corresponding application for local intranet and trusted sites on Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue that prevents certain apps from launching when you set folder redirection for the Roaming AppData folder to a network path.
- Addresses an issue that my turn off Night light mode during display mode changes.
- Addresses an issue that may distort the rendering of a full-screen game when the Microsoft Game bar is visible on top of the game.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the removal of Bluetooth® peripheral devices from some systems with specific Bluetooth radios.
- Addresses an issue that may cause event 7600 in the Domain Name System (DNS) server event log to contain an unreadable server name.
- Addresses an issue in which the dots per inch (DPI) of the guest does not match the host.
- Addresses an issue that may cause an external USB device or SD memory card to be reassigned to an incorrect drive during installation. For more information, see “This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10” error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached.
- Addresses an issue in which a File Share Witness does not remove Server Message Block (SMB) handles, which causes a server to eventually stop accepting SMB connections.
- Addresses an issue that prevents an application protocol URL from being opened when hosted on an intranet page.
- Addresses an issue with BranchCache when it is in distributed cache mode. BranchCache may use more disk space than assigned for the republication cache. To fully address the issue, devices that have exceeded the disk space assignments should empty BranchCache using the netsh branchcache flush command.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent some Direct3D applications and games from entering full-screen mode if the display’s orientation has been changed from the default.
- Addresses an issue with creating a Windows catalog file on an x64 system using Windows System Image Manager. For more information, see What’s new in ADK kits and tools.
How to get KB4505057 Windows 10 Build 18362.145
To receive this update, you must be a Windows Insider (Slow, or Release Preview ring) AND currently running Insider Build 18356.30 or higher for the update to be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. Windows Insiders can also download the standalone package for this update. To do this go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
You can learn more about new features in build 18362 by visiting the following link:
You might be interested in learning what's new in Windows 10 version 1903 "May 2019 Update". See the following post:
It covers all the changes introduced in the update.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!