Microsoft is releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17627 from the "Redstone 5" branch to Windows Insiders who have opted into Skip Ahead. This release comes with a few bugfixes only and replaces the previously released Build 16273 in the Skip Ahead ring. Let's see what has changed.
Here is what's new in this release.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where If you try to open a file that is available online-only from OneDrive that hasn’t been previously downloaded to your PC (marked with a green checkmark in File Explorer), your PC could bugcheck (GSOD).
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Emoji Panel not working in the last two flights.
- When a process in Task Manager is suspended, or has suspended child processes, you’ll now see an icon indicating as much in the Status column of the Processes tab.
- If you open Settings and clicking on any links to the Microsoft Store or links in tips, Settings will crash. This includes the links to get themes and fonts from the Microsoft Store, as well as the link to Windows Defender.
- When opening .html or .pdf files from the local system (double-click, right-click > open), Microsoft Edge will not render the loaded content if Microsoft Edge wasn’t already running before opening the file. To work around the issue, you can open the file again without closing Microsoft Edge.
- On resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays as expected.
If you are a Windows Insider in Skip Ahead, you'll get this build automatically via the Windows Update service. Check out Settings - Update & security - Windows Update.