Microsoft today released a new cumulative update to users running Windows 10 version 1803 "April 2018 Update". The update package KB4284848 raises the OS version to 17134.137.
The update does not include any new features, but it includes a number of bug fixes. It is a minor release that resolves a specific problem with the QuickBooks. It’s referred as June 26, 2018—KB4284848 (OS Build 17134.137).
Windows 10 April 2018 Update version 1803
KB4284848 (OS Build 17134.137) comes with the following change log:
- Addresses an issue that causes the Video Settings HDR streaming calibration slider to stop working. This is caused by a conflict with the panel brightness intensity settings configured by certain OEMs.
- Addresses streaming compatibility issues with certain live TV streaming content providers.
- Addresses an issue where media content previously generated by Media Center doesn't play after installing the Windows 10 April 2018 update.
- Addresses an issue in which SmartHeap didn't work with UCRT.
- Addresses performance regression in App-V, which slows many actions in Windows 10.
- Addresses an issue that causes Appmonitor to stop working at logoff if the Settingstoragepath is set incorrectly.
- Addresses an issue that causes Appmonitor to stop working at logoff, and user settings are not saved.
- Addresses an issue where client applications running in a container image don't conform to the dynamic port range.
- Addresses an issue where the DNS server might stop working when using DNS Query Resolution Policies with a "Not Equal" (NE) condition.
- Addresses an issue with T1 and T2 custom values after configuring DHCP failover.
- Addresses an issue that causes the latest versions of Google Chrome (67.0.3396.79+) to stop working on some devices.
- Addresses issues with the Remote Desktop client in which pop-up windows and drop-down menus don't appear and right-clicking doesn't work properly. These issues occur when using remote applications.
- Addresses an issue that causes a connection failure when a Remote Desktop connection doesn’t read the bypass list for a proxy that has multiple entries.
- Addresses an issue that may cause Microsoft Edge to stop working when it initializes the download of a font from a malformed (not RFC compliant) URL.
- Addresses an issue where some users may receive an error when accessing files or running programs from a shared folder using the SMBv1 protocol. The error is "An invalid argument was supplied".
- Addresses an issue that causes Task Scheduler tasks configured with an S4U logon to fail with the error "ERROR_NO_SUCH_LOGON_SESSION/STATUS_NO_TRUST_SAM_ACCOUNT".
You can get this update using Windows Update in Settings. Navigate to Update & Security > Windows Update and clicking the 'Check for updates' button. Alternatively, you can directly download from the Microsoft Update Catalog and install it offline.
When installing both the servicing stack update (SSU) KB4338853 and the latest cumulative update (LCU) from the Microsoft Update Catalog, install the SSU before installing the LCU.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!