Today, Microsoft released a new cumulative update to users running Windows 10 build 16299. The update package KB4058258 raises the OS version to 16299.214.
KB4058258 (Build 16299.214) is applicable to devices running the Fall Creators Update version 1709. It is the third cumulative update the OS has received since the last Patch Tuesday event in January.
The key changes in this update are as follow.
What's new in Windows 10 Build 16299.214
- Addresses a compatibility issue where colors are distorted when the system is connected to displays that support wide color gamut.
- Addresses a condition where a second monitor that is connected to legacy AMD display adapters flashes after waking from sleep.
- Addresses issue that causes delays when switching keyboard languages using Alt+Shift.
- Addresses compatibility issues when rendering certain closed captions or subtitle formats during video playback.
- Addresses issue where the Microsoft Edge Allow Extension Group Policy for the disabled state was not working.
- Provides additional protections for 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10, version 1709.
- Resolves the issue reported by some customers on a small subset of older AMD processors where the processor entered an unbootable state after installing January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192).
Known issues in this update
|Windows Update History reports that KB4054517 failed to install because of error 0x80070643.||Even though the update was successfully installed, Windows Update incorrectly reports that the update failed to install. To verify the installation, select Check for updates to confirm that there are no additional updates available.|
You can also type About your PC in the Search box on the taskbar to confirm that your device is using the expected OS build.
Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
|Because of an issue that affects some versions of antivirus software, this fix applies only to computers on which the antivirus ISV updated the ALLOW REGKEY.|
Contact your antivirus manufacturer to verify that their software is compatible and that they have set the following REGKEY on the computer:
|After installing this update, some users may experience issues logging into some websites when using third-party account credentials in Microsoft Edge.||Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.|
How to get Windows 10 Build 16299.214
The package KB4058258 will be downloaded and installed automatically via the Windows Update service. Alternatively, you can get it from the Microsoft Update Catalog and install it offline.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!