Microsoft today released Windows 10 Build 15063.877 for the stable branch. The package KB4057144 is now available via Windows Update. This cumulative update is applicable to Windows 10 version 1703 "Creators Update". Let's see what has changed.
The official change log mentions the following fixes and improvement.
Addresses issue with printing PDFs in Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses issue with the App-V package folder access that cause the access control list to be handled incorrectly.
- Addresses issue where backwards compatibility for managing Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) with group policy is lost. Windows 10 version 1607 group policy isn't compatible with Windows 10 version 1703 or higher group policy. Because of this bug, the new Windows 10 Administrative Templates (.admx) cannot be deployed to the Group Policy Central Store. This means that some of the new, additional settings for Windows 10 aren't available.
- Addresses issue where some Microsoft-signed ActiveX controls don't work when Windows Defender Application Control (Device Guard) is enabled. Specifically, class IDs related to XMLHTTP in msxml6.dll don't work.
- Addresses issue where, when attempting to change the Smart Card for Windows service start type from Disabled to Manual or Automatic, the system reports an error: “Cannot create a file when that file already exists.”
- Addresses issue where some applications are blocked from running by Windows Defender Device Guard or Windows Defender Application Control when the application runs in Audit onlyenforcement mode.
- Addresses issue where the virtual TPM self-test isn't run as part of virtual TPM initialization.
- Addresses issue with NoToastApplicationNotificationOnLockScreen GPO that causes Toast notifications to appear on the lock screen.
- Addresses issue originally called out in KB4056891 where calling CoInitializeSecurity with the authentication parameter set to RPC_C_AUTHN_LEVEL_NONE resulted in the error STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL.
- Addresses issue where some customers with AMD devices get into an unbootable state.
Due to an issue with some versions of antivirus software, this fix only applies to the machines where the antivirus ISV has updated the ALLOW REGKEY.
The solution is as follows.
Contact your antivirus AV to confirm that its software is compatible and have set the following REGKEY on the machine
You can get this update using Windows Update in Settings.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!