Windows Spotlight is a fancy feature which exists in Windows 10 November Update 1511. It downloads beautiful images from the Internet and shows them on your lock screen! So, every time you boot or lock Windows 10, you will see a new lovely image. However, Microsoft made the downloaded images hidden from the end user. Here is how you can find those images and use them as your wallpaper or somewhere else.
To get access to image files downloaded by the Windows Spotlight feature, follow the instructions below.
- Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog. Tip: See the complete list of Win key shortcuts available in Windows.
- Enter the following in the Run box:
- A folder will be opened in File Explorer.
- Copy all the files you see to any folder you want. This PC\Pictures is suitable.
- Rename each file you copied to add a ".jpg" extension. You can do so by either selecting each file, and pressing F2, then Tab to quickly rename files.Or an even faster way would be to open a command prompt at the selected folder and type this command:
Ren *.* *.jpg
You are done:
Also, you can download very huge collection of Spotlight images from here:
- Download new Lock Screen backgrounds from Windows 10 version 1511
- Download Windows 10 Lockscreen images from Windows 10 RTM
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: