I would like to share with you two interesting tricks related to the famous Alt + Tab dialog in Windows. Both change the way Alt-Tab works so these additional tweaks might make Alt-Tab far more useful for you.
The first trick I would like to share is a secret hidden way to make the Alt + Tab UI stay on the screen and not disappear when you release the Alt + Tab keys on the keyboard. It is very simple - just press Ctrl + Alt + Tab instead of the Alt + Tab sequence. The Alt + Tab dialog will then remain visible and you will be able to navigate it with arrow keys or the mouse.
The second trick turns on the ability to show the classic Windows 98-like Alt+Tab dialog without using third party software or Registry tweaks. Here's how:
- Press the left Alt key and continue holding it down.
- Press and then release the right Alt key. You must not hold down the Right alt key.
- Press and hold the Tab key. You will be surprised to see this:
If you prefer the classic Alt + Tab dialog and would like to enable it permanently, please refer to Winaero Tweaker. It has the appropriate option:
The application also supports Windows 8 and Windows 7, there It features many tweaks for the Alt+Tab user interface such as:
- size of the thumbnails
- horizontal spacing between the thumbnails
- vertical spacing between the thumbnails
- top, left, right and bottom margins of the thumbnail
Finally, if you don't like the Windows Alt+Tab UI at all, you can replace it with VistaSwitcher:
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: