The Thunderbird email app is updated to version 78.8. This is a maintenance release that comes with general improvements and 4 security fixes.
Thunderbird is my preferred email client of choice. I use this app on every PC and on every operating system I use. It is stable, contains all the features you need, supports add-ons and also comes with a useful RSS reader. I am using Thunderbird for many years and never felt the need to look for an alternative.
Thunderbird 78 doesn't support classic XUL add-ons any longer, but includes some of their features out-of-the-box. For example, on Windows you can minimize the app to the system tray.
What's new in Thunderbird 78.8
- ✅Fixed: Send message button sometimes remained enabled when it should be disabled
- ✅Fixed: Importing an address book from a CSV file always reported an error
- ✅Fixed: Security information for S/MIME messages was not displayed correctly prior to a draft being saved
- ✅Fixed: Calendar: FileLink UI fixes for Caldav calendars
- ✅Fixed: Recurring tasks were always marked incomplete; unable to use filters
- ✅Fixed: Various UI widgets not working
- ✅Fixed: Dark theme improvements
- ✅Fixed: Extension manager was missing link to addon support web page
- ✅Fixed: four security fixes, with three of them labeled as 'high', and one with a 'low' rating.
The release notes are available here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
One thought on “Thunderbird 78.8 released”
I’m not trying to hijack this thread but I can’t get a reply on the support forums.
For my 98 year-old mother, I have 2 requests for Thunderbird: 1) ALWAYS open in INBASKET and 2) don’t pop-up the update notification.
I’ve tried ALL the tricks with no results.