Following the Firefox update , the Thunderbird email client is getting a new version
78.7.1. In this release the CardDAV address books now supports OAuth2 and Google Contacts. There are a few more changes.
Thunderbird is my preferred email client of choice. I use this app on every PC and on every operating system I use. It is stable, contains all the features you need, supports add-ons and also comes with a useful RSS reader. I am using Thunderbird for many years and never felt the need to look for an alternative.
Thunderbird 78 doesn't support classic XUL add-ons any longer, but includes some of their features out-of-the-box. For example, on Windows you can minimize the app to the system tray.
What's new in Thunderbird 78.7.1
- ⭐New: CardDAV address books now support OAuth2 and Google Contacts.
- 🔄Changed: Thunderbird will no longer allow installation of addons that use legacy APIs
- ✅Fixed: Send message button sometimes remained enabled when it should be disabled
- ✅Fixed: Pressing command+enter to send a message on macOS did not work
- ✅Fixed: OpenPGP: Failed to save attachments that contained binary data after decryption
- ✅Fixed: Global search UI fixes
- ✅Fixed: Various theme and color fixes to improve ease of use
The release notes are available here.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: