In Windows 10, you can create a System Diagnostics report to inspect system and app configuration issues in a useful way. In the report, you will find suggestions for maximizing your computer's performance and improving system operations. Let's see how to get this useful report.
The report consists of a number of sections, which list the status of critical system components with any problems if they have been found. If a solution for a problem is applicable, it will be mentioned in the report. This data is one of the most useful reports in Windows 10. The System Diagnostics report is part of the built-in Performance Monitor tool.
You need to sign in as Administrator before proceeding.
The System Diagnostics report comes with several categories:
- System Diagnostics Report. This section includes some general information about your PC like its name, current date etc.
- Diagnostic Results. Here you will find an overview of performance of various system resources. Various types of errors if present will be shown here, including service errors, device issues. It includes some useful stats for running processes and consumed resources.
- Software Configuration.
- Hardware Configuration.
- Report Statistics - reveals some details about information included in the report.
To create the System Diagnostics Report in Windows 10, do the following.
- Press Win + R keys together on your keyboard and type in the Run box:
- The Performance Monitor app will be opened and start collecting data required for the report for about 1 minute.
- Once the whole data is collected, the report will be generated and shown. In my case, it looks as follows.
The report will be saved in Performance Monitor. You can inspect it immediately or do it later. To access the created report, run the Performance Monitor app. Press Win + R keys together on your keyboard and type perfmon.exe in the Run box. Alternatively, you can find it in the Start menu, under Windows Administrative tools.
On the left, select Reports - System - System Diagnostics. There you will find the reports you have created earlier.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!