Microsoft today released a new beta version of Skype for Linux. It is a new application which uses the Electron engine. Version 5.4 makes it possible to make group video calls!
Here the change log:
- Enabled the Group video calling
- Updated to Electron 1.7.4 for performance and security improvements
- Fixed the Skype Update repository keys
- Bugfixes and improvements
To try out the Skype app right now, do the following.
- Point your browser here: www.skype.com/download.
- Download and install the appropriate package.
- Open the apps menu and run it from there.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
2 thoughts on “Skype for Linux Beta 5.4 is Out With Group Video Calls”
[censored] Linux. If it doesn’t have MS Office it’s useless for real people. Windows for ever!
Real people uses LibreOffice on Linux. Windows is shit!