Firefox is a popular open-source web browser available for all major platforms. If some web pages have unexpected behavior in Firefox, you can try to clear the cache and cookies. Unfortunately, the refined user interface of Firefox 60 made it harder to remove individual web site cookies. Let's see how it should be done in version 60 of the browser.
Firefox 60 represents the branch built with the new Quantum engine. It comes with a refined user interface, codenamed "Photon". The browser now comes without support for XUL-based add-ons, so all of the classic add-ons are deprecated and incompatible. See
Thanks to the changes made to the engine and the UI, the browser is blazingly fast. The user interface of the app is more responsive and it also starts up noticeably faster. The engine renders web pages much faster than it ever did in the Gecko era.
In Firefox 60, cookie settings were merged with site data. It is not possible to remove individual web site cookies anymore using the Settings page of the app. Here is an alternative solution.
To remove Individual Web Site Cookies in Firefox 60 and above, do the following.
- Go to the site for which you would like to remove cookies.
- Click on the information icon in the address bar.
- In the popup dialog, click on the arrow icon Show connection details.
- Click on More information.
- This will open the classic dialog. There click on the button View cookies.
- Select cookies to remove and click on the Remove selected button.
- Click on the Remove all shown button to remove all cookies at once for the current web site.
You are done.
Now, try to reload the broken web page if you had one. It should return back to normal.
Tip: There is a special keyboard shortcut to quickly open the Clear All History dialog. Press Ctrl + Shift + Del on the keyboard to open it directly!
That's it. Thanks to our reader Gordon Hay for sharing this tip!
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!