Personalization Panel for Windows 7 Starter ? Windows 7 Home Basic provides a premium personalization features for low-end Windows 7 Editions. It can bypass the restrictions and offers the useful UI like in Ultimate Edition of Windows 7.
Personalization Panel 2.5 is the latest version. It is strongly recomended to update your current version right now!
It covers most personalization features and also allows you to change wallpaper in Windows 7 Starter and change color of windows in Windows 7 Home Basic.
Changelog since 1.2.x branch
- Fixed application crash when user has canceled UAC promt under Windows 7 Starter
- Fixed metrics reset between themes
- Code optimization
- Fixed installer: double language selection prompt was removed
- Installer does not open any sites without user request anymore
- Added "save a theme" feature. It allows you to save your current appearance as
- .theme file.
- Added simple "check for update" system
- rebranding. Now personalization panel is a part on Winaero.com project, not Winreview.ru
The complete changelog you'll find in the installation directory
The Personalization Panel in action
I have prepared the demo video of Windows 7 Starter running Personalization Panel.
Personalization Panel Features
- Desktop Context Menu integration
- OS Language depended/Auto-translation: All text labels are from Windows libraries and always be in your native language!
- .theme files support in both Starter and Home Basic. Everything will be applied correct except windows metric for classic themes
- Allows you to change Windows 7 Starter Wallpaper
- Allows you to change windows and taskbar colors in Windows 7 Home Basic by two methods with live preview
- Useful access to related Control Panel applets
- .theme files associations handling
- .msstyles files associations handling
- .themepack files associations handling (limited to installation at this moment. You can't create your own themepacks)
Something you have to know
- What is the reason to use Personalization Panel?The answer is simple - it is a small, even portable application and it does not break your OS and does not modfy any of system files. It just works. Also you can always ask us for help - this is a good reason too.
- There are two types of setup available - portable and regular. Regular setup in only one way to get proper theme switching and system integration.
The portable setup does not handle any type of files and applications will be not available from desktop context menu.
Regular setup is recommended way of installation to you.
- Privacy statement. Since version "Personalization Panel 2.5" I have added simple updates check in panel. It does not send any type of your personal data to me. It cannot be used to personally identify you.Everything it does is simple window what shows the new version numbers when it available. The goal is to help you to stay up-to-date and nothing more.
- Why we made rebranding. Because we won't to use Winreview.ru as development corner. Today its just my personal blog.
- Whats next? I plan to implement desktop slideshow and themepacks creation in the near future. BTW, themepacks already done but I have exluded their code from this release due to bugs. Stay tuned!
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: