The developer version of Opera comes with a new feature, the Tab Audio indicator. However, if you install Opera 28, it won't be enabled automatically. It is disabled by default, so in this article we will see how to enable and test this brand new option in the Opera browser.
The Tab Audio indicator in Opera is a tiny equalizer icon that appears as an overlay on the icon of the tab which is playing audio. Unlike Google Chrome, that indicator cannot be used to mute tabs, which will disappoint users who like this feature of the Chrome browser.
To enable the Tab Audio indicator feature in Opera 28, you need to do the following:
- Open a new tab in Opera 28.
- Enter opera://flags in the address bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
- Find the Tab Audio Indicator flag and enable it:
- Close the Opera browser and run it once again.
- Open some video on YouTube to test it:
That's it. Now Opera will have the Tab Audio indicator on every sound producing tab.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!
4 thoughts on “Opera 28 features a tab audio indicator”
How to add Bing to Opera?
1. Download this file http://1drv.ms/1ynW6Te
It is defaultpartnercontent.json
2. Close opera
3. Put it to the following folder: Opera\
Wow it worked! Thank you!
You are welcome