As you may remember, Mozilla has recently launched their VPN service in the US. It is a paid services which costs $4.99/month. Today, the company made it available for more countries, including U.S., U.K., Canada, New Zealand, Singapore, and Malaysia.
Key features of Mozilla VPN
- Protection when in public WiFi access points – Whether you are waiting at your doctor’s office, the airport or working from your favorite coffee shop, your connection to the internet is protected when you use the Firefox browser thanks to a secure tunnel to the web, protecting all your sensitive information like the web addresses you visit, personal and financial information.
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses are hidden so it’s harder to track you – Your IP address is like a home address for your computer. One of the reasons why you may want to keep it hidden is to keep advertising networks from tracking your browsing history. Firefox Private Network will mask your IP address providing protection from third party trackers around the web.
- Toggle the switch on at any time. By clicking in the browser extension, you will find an on/off toggle that shows you whether you are currently protected, which you can turn on at anytime if you’d like additional privacy protection, or off if not needed at that moment.
It uses the Mullvad infrastructure which is powered by the WireGuard software. The user can choose the exit connection point from more than 30 countries and locations.
As of now, the major platform support by Mozilla VPN looks as follows.
- Windows - already available
- Android - already available
- iOS - available in BETA
- Linux - coming soon
- Mac - coming soon
Check out the official page of the service to learn more about it.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: