Mozilla issues a minor update to Firefox 73 users. Firefox 73.0.1 resolves a few crashes caused by incompatibility with certain third-party apps.
Specially, G Data and 0Patch security apps are noted to be causing crashes of the browser. There may be other apps, which use DLL injection to the main Firefox launcher process. Due to a bug, the modified launcher process could start any content sub-process, making Firefox crash or preventing it from opening any web site.
On Linux, the browser could not play certain encrypted content. This issue is also resolved in Firefox 73.0.1.
Moreover, Firefox 73 couldn't open the Royal Canadian Bank web site if the user had previously logged in to his or her personal account on the RBC web site. This is also resolved.
Finally, the original Firefox 73 version would fail to start on Windows 7 with adjusted compatibility settings for
firefox.exe. Also, the browser could terminate itself when leaving the Print preview dialog. These issues are also fixed now.
To get the update, click on the Firefox menu button, click on Help > About Firefox, and the browser will install the latest available update package. Alternatively, you can go through the setup distribution server, and grab the latest installation program manually.
Download Firefox 73.0.1 Manually
- Visit the following link: Download Firefox.
- You will see a number of folders. Click on one of the following folders:
- win32 - Firefox 32-bit for Windows
- win64 - Firefox 64-bit for Windows
- linux-i686 - Firefox for 32-bit Linux
- linux-x86_64 - Firefox for 64-bit Linux
- mac - Firefox for macOS
- Each folder has subfolders organized by the browser's language. Click on the desired language and download the installer.
- Firefox(72-0-2) closes automatically after printing
- GDATA exploit protection makes Firefox unusable after bug 1608645
- Firefox 73 no longer able to load content when launched in Win7 compatibility mode
- Intermittent blank page when logging into Royal Canadian Bank
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!