According to the regular schedule, Microsoft plans to ship monthly cumulative updates for all supported Windows versions on September 14, 2021. As usual, before public rollout, Microsoft releases a preview of updates to come. If you own a Windows 10-based PC with versions 21H1, 20H2, or 2004, you can install monthly preview updates with a hefty list of quality-of-life improvements.
What's new in KB5005101 for Windows 10 21H1, 20H2, and 2004
- Updates a rare condition that causes Bluetooth headsets to only work for voice calls. Updates an issue that provides the wrong Furigana result when you cancel the Japanese reconversion.
- Updates an issue that resets syncing for Microsoft OneDrive to “Known folders only” after you install a Windows update.
- Updates an issue that prevents audio headsets that connect to a device using USB from working if the device has certain third-party audio drivers.
- Updates an issue with resizing images that might produce flickering and residual line artifacts.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from typing any words in the username box during the out-of-box experience (OOBE) process. This issue occurs when you use the Chinese Input Method Editor (IME).
- Updates an issue with copying and pasting a text box into Office 365 apps. If you use an IME, you won’t be able to insert text into the text box.
- Updates an issue that might cause your device to stop working when making a touch input gesture. This issue occurs if you bring more fingers into contact with the touchpad or screen during the middle of the gesture.
- Updates an issue that might cause an external monitor to display a black screen after Hibernation. This issue might occur when the external monitor connects to a docking station using a certain hardware interface.
- Updates an issue that resets the brightness for standard dynamic range (SDR) content on high-dynamic range (HDR) monitors. This occurs after you restart your device or reconnect to the device remotely.
If you experience one of the fixed issues and you do not want to wait for Microsoft to release patches in two weeks, head to Windows Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update > View optional updates and install KB 5005101.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: