Microsoft today released a portion of new patches for supported Windows versions. This is the first set of cumulative updates in 2022. The update packages are already available on Windows Update.
Here are the released patches.
- May 2021 Update (21H1) - KB5009543 (OS Build 19043.1466). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- October 2020 Update (20H2) - KB5009543 (OS Build 19042.1466). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- May 2020 Update (2004) - KB5009543 (OS Build 19041.1466). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- November 2019 Update (1909) - KB5009545 (OS Build 18363.2037). Microsoft Update Catalog.
- October 2018 Update (1809) - KB5009557 (OS Build 17763.2452). Microsoft Update Catalog.
Note that Windows 10, version 20H2, 2004 and 21H1 share the same code base. The same is for version 1909 and 1903. So they receive the same patch every time Microsoft releases cumulative updates.
Besides cumulative updates for consumer and server versions, there are also security updates available for Windows 11, Windows 10 version 21H1, 20H2, and a few other. Also, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 has received their portion of security updates. The latter receives them only if you have the Extended Support subscription.
Besides security updates for Windows, the Redmond software giant released secuirty fixes for a huge list of its other products, such as Microsoft Edge, Teams, Office, .NET Framework, Microsoft Dynamics, DirectX, Microsoft Defender, and others.
See the following website to find the list of fixes and resolved vulnerabilities for each of the products.
Windows installs the updates automatically. To speed up the process, you can open the Settings app (Win+I), and go to the Updates and recovery > Windows Update section. There, click on the Check for updates button.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: