Microsoft has released a new version of the Surface Duo Emulator, that allows devs to test their software for the dual-screen device. The release is notable for keyboard support in all posture and flip modes.
To bust app creation for for the dual-screen device, Microsoft is has also opened sources for Surface Duo samples and SDK. These are intended to help developers to build dynamic layouts for dual-screen devices.
The released update raises the Emulator app version to build 2020.429.2. The change log includes the following hightligts.
- Support for using a keyboard in all posture and flip modes
- App Drawer and App searches support
- Improved Notifications support
- Improved Settings and quick settings experience to support dual screens
- Enhanced Camera experience (you can access that via the Emulator too!)
- Several platform improvements to better support App Compat around rotation, resizing, fullscreen, and spanning scenarios
The change log mentions that more improvements planned for future releases.
You can download the latest Emulator image from here. It is recommended that you uninstall the previous version before you download and install the update.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options: