Microsoft has released a new build of Chromium-based Microsoft Edge, 97.0.1060.2 to the Dev Channel. It traditionally brings with it several new features, fixes and improvements. This is the first build with major number 97 for the Dev Channel.
Here are the changes.
What's new in Edge Microsoft Edge Dev 97.0.1060.2
- Added the ability to draw arbitrary highlighting on PDFs.
- Added an option to print even or odd pages.
- Combined autofill and password generation on account sign-up webpages to be able to create new website accounts in a single click.
- Combined personal info and payment info autofill on certain shopping websites to be able to apply coupons and checkout in a single click.
- Enabled by default one-click password updating by adding a button to the leaked passwords Settings page that goes directly to the website’s password update page and then using password generation to automatically fill in a new password.
- Added the Downloads button to windows opened with the --app command line flag.
- Management policies (updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have occurred yet):
- Added a policy to control if the Internet Explorer Mode Toolbar Button is Enabled.
- Added a policy to control if the ability for Edge to automatically Enhance Images is Enabled.
- Added a policy to control if Accessibility Image Labels are Enabled, which controls if a service can be used to generate descriptions for images that don’t already have them.
- Fixed a crash on launch on Linux.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when clicking the … button.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when updating the browser.
- Fixed a crash when closing the browser.
- Fixed a crash when closing certain popups.
- Fixed a crash when searching for text in a PDF.
- Fixed a crash when using video capture.
- Fixed a Web Widget crash when switching profiles.
- Fixed a crash when typing in the address bar.
- Fixed an issue where closing the browser and then immediately re-opening it will crash it.
- Fixed a crash when sending a tab to another device.
- Fixed a crash when viewing certain Settings pages.
- Fixed a hang when navigating on iOS when using a VPN.
- Fixed a hang when navigating in IE mode tabs.
- Fixed a hang in Kids Mode when installing a theme.
- Fixed an issue where background processes were crashing frequently, leading to high CPU use.
To learn more about this release, check out the official announcement here.
Get Microsoft Edge Dev
If you are already using Edge Dev on your computer, you will receive the update automatically. If you want to speed up the process, then open your browser, go to "Settings" in the "About Microsoft Edge" section, after which the browser will start updating.
You can download the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge Dev from the official Edge Insider website.
Winaero greatly relies on your support. You can help the site keep bringing you interesting and useful content and software by using these options:
If you like this article, please share it using the buttons below. It won't take a lot from you, but it will help us grow. Thanks for your support!